The Menu for the Busy Body: Because a sis gotta eat, right?
To all my hardworking creatives, professionals and busy-bees: this is your friendly reminder to eat.
While you’re indulged making business plans, networking, and spending late hours on your craft, food is probably the last thing on your mind. It’s easy to forget to make yourself a plate, or to decide to miss out on a bite. But it’s essential that you are getting your meals in (all three of them!). Like Lauryn Hill said, “How you gonna win if you ain’t right within?” How are you going to take over the world if your energy isn’t right?
We’re going to go get you hip on the holy trinity: breakfast, lunch and dinner. Time to take more accountability of your diet!
I’m gonna be real with ya: you are not strong enough to miss breakfast. By the time you wake up from a good night’s rest, your body is practically begging you for fresh fuel. Breakfast is the time for you to start your day off right. Before you run out of the house on an empty stomach, check out this list of super quick breakfast options:
- Whole grains such as certain cereals and breads are always a good choice; oatmeal especially! Here are some ways to liven up your bowl.
- PROfessionals live for PROtein! Greek yogurt and eggs are excellent sources of protein.
- Your mornings will go a lot smoother with a smoothie in your hand. Check out the ultimate guide to making a bomb breakfast smoothie.
The midday slump is real, y’all. The food you have for lunch is going to keep fighting for your energy through the rest of your work day. Check out this list of recommended lunches that will ensure your bounce back:
- Sandwiches may be old-fashioned, but they get the job done! If you ever grow tired of the classic pb&j, here are some exciting recipes to spice up your sandwich.
- Including snacks is a great way to get doses of energy throughout the day! Try packing walnuts & almonds, blueberries and dark chocolate along with your lunch.
- Think outside your (lunch)box and dare to try one of these crafty lunches!
You made it through the work day! You must be tired, and you’re probably not concerned with what’s for dinner, but don’t you dare skip out. Going to sleep on an empty stomach is a huge no.Dinner reassures and improves the way your body functions. Here is a list of meals that will convince you to pull up a chair to the dinner table.
If you’re inspired to take on your three meals more responsibly, check out Caviar! Caviar is a super simple way to order food from your favorite local restaurants for delivery. We’d love for you to use our promo code, LETSVIBE, for $10 off your first order from Caviar.
Full plates may be intimidating and overwhelming, but you got this! Keep up your energy, and keep up the hard work. Continue pursuing your passion; just remember to take it one bite at a time.